Who we’re looking for
You’ll be a member of our R+D Team, ideally Leeds/Bradford or London based, but flexible and remote working is an option. You will be working closely with colleagues across the business, with some travel to other countries including China. You will report directly to members of R+D and projects teams and be supported by a team of payment and Fintech experts.
No day is ever the same, you’ll quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of everything that goes into delivering the McLEAR Payment Ring while working alongside a dedicated and passionate team.
Daily tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Developing and maintaining firmware for several projects
- Testing and prototyping
- Liaising across different teams
- Working closely with internal R+D department and third parties on deliverables and schedule
- Meetings / calls / emails
- C / C++ Programming with 3+ years applied practical experience in industry
- Previous experience working with ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers
- Ability to read + understand schematics and technical datasheets
- Ability to manage time / projects / work within a wider team, often remotely
- Linux / bash
- Will enjoy meeting targets and resolving issues
- Will be organized, diligent and have excellent attention to detail
- Will be happy to step outside of their daily tasks and ‘pitch in’ with new projects
- Basic knowledge of electronics
- Knowledge of ARM assembler language
- OOP e.g. Java
- Experience working with BLE
- Experience with Nordic Semiconductor toolchain
- Some knowledge of NFC protocol
- Experience in R+D manufacturing, electronics, rapid prototyping
This role is Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, with some travel and after hours work to be expected
- A McLEAR Smart Ring
- Annual leave of 25 days
- Employer pension contributions
- Opportunities for home working and adjustments to the working hours on an ad-hoc basis.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com include the subject line as Firmware Developer followed by your initials
We want to hear about why you’re suited to the role but also why the role appeals to you, relevant previous experience and what you think you can bring to our team.
McLEAR is the leading wearable technology company for payments, security, and fashion globally and the inventor of the Smart Ring. McLEAR has delivered more than 350,000 smart rings worldwide. McLEAR works in partnership with Visa, Gemalto, Infineon, and other financial and technology institutions.